The movie or the book?

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one".- Jojen Reed

This is one of my favorite quotes in all the books I have read in my life. But I think that apply for books too. For me it´s difficult to choose between books and movies, because I like both, a lot. Like Jojen Reed said one could live a thousand lives through them, and it´s good like one could scape for a little time to the reality because of being reading or watching a movie.

Until a few years ago, I always think that books are far better than books. I think it today too, but no so deeply like I did before, because a romance book and it respective movie appear at the same time in my life, and if I have to point both since 1 to 10, they would severally take a 5 and a 100. I don´t like a lot romantic books and movies, but this story definitely touch my heart.

The book name is "Where the Rainbows End" by Cecilia Ahren, and the movie is named "Love, Rosie" because of the name of the main character, Rosie Dunne.

What makes the book attractive it´s the fact that there´s no storyteller, because every character is their own one along all the messages and email they send to Rosie. The book is a written in epistolary structure in the form of letters, emails, instant messages, and magazine and newspaper articles, all around the ever-changing relationship between Rosie and her best friend since child hood, Alex Stewart. It was funny to read a book life that, but it was exhausting sometimes too, maybe because I read it too fast or because it haves 429 pages in epistolary structure, and perfectly with one thousand more it could be the same story. It haves a lot filling.

The movie for the same its in a lot of ways more dynamic, because the epistolary structure of the book it´s a tool in the story, the means that Rosie and Stewart have to communicate in the distance.

I read it the book and watched the movie like two years ago for the first time, but the movie I have watched it again a lot of times after.

At the end, even when I like more the movie than the book, I recommend both at all, the movie because is a beautiful love story, that have hard and funny moments; and the book because with it structure shows angles of the life of the main character that make us thinks of the angle of our lifes:  we live with the communication but we don´t always see everything, we tell the stories since our point of view, but building it with the stories of the people that it´s near of us.

Comments

  1. I think I have heard about that movie but I didn't know that the film is based on a book! I have never see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. is really that the movies of some book are equal in the feelings that can cause, like in this case.. the love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks interesting, maybe i can give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The capsule of my life

The sugar way